I know Kale seems like it was a fad that has come and gone, but I still love integrating it into many of my summer recipes. It has a hearty taste that I just can't seem to stray away from. I also love how versatile it is, as it can easily be thrown into a stir fry, soup, smoothie, and countless other dishes. Here is a recipe for an Asian Apple Glazed Salmon with Kale Quinoa. If you're running low on time you could easily ditch the salmon and use the kale quinoa as a side dish for any meal. Enjoy!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups washed and chopped kale, packed tightly
- 2 scallions or green onions
- large handful roasted pecans, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Asian Apple Glazed Salmon
- ½ cup Musselman's Apple Butter
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 4 ( 6 ounce) salmon fillets, with skin
- 1 scallion or green onion, chopped thinly on bias
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Add quinoa and cover. Reduce temperature to a simmer and let simmer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, add kale to saucepan and continue to simmer for an additional 5 to 10 minutes until the broth is absorbed. Let sit for 5 minutes covered and then fluff with a fork. Add pecans and scallions and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- While the quinoa is cooking....In a small bowl, combine apple butter, ginger, soy sauce, and garlic. Stir to combine well.
- Place salmon fillets, skin side down, on prepared baking sheet. Generously glaze each fillet with apple butter glaze - about 2 tablespoons per fillet.
- Loosely cover salmon with foil and place in preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until fish is flakey and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- To serve, place about a cup of kale quinoa on plate. Nestle a salmon fillet into bed of kale quinoa. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and serve immediately.
Get the Find Veggies app
Local Organic Delivery in San Diego