Here is a recipe that you will certainly learn to love. Often a fig is a forgotten fruit. They are dark on the outside but soo amazing inside. Sometimes we want salty and sweet. This wonderful recipe combines the two but is still nice on your waist line.
- Set oven rack close to the broiler.
- Gather 6-8 Figs. Cut them in halves. Arrange figs cut sides up on a baking sheet.
- On top of each fig half dollop generously with goat cheese
- Cut the fat from your prosciutto then lay prosciutto strips on top of the goat cheese layer.
- Broil figs in the oven, watch closely until prosciutto is crisp and goat cheese is melted. This shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the tops with honey, serve and enjoy.