Artichokes are another vegetable that gets a second crop in the fall, which produces small and medium sized varieties. Which makes me one happy person, because I absolutely adore artichokes. What better then a delicious and creamy artichoke heart to reward you for your effort of eating the leaves? I like to steam the artichokes to get them soft, and then bake them with different flavors to produce an outstanding side dish any guest would enjoy. Hope you enjoy this butter and garlic artichoke recipe!
- 4 medium artichokes
- 2" of water
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Cut 1/2 inch off the top of the artichoke so it is flat and all the tops of the inside leaves can be seen. Then trim 1/4 inch off the tops of the outer 2 layers of leaves so they are flat.
- Put 2 " of water and steamer basket in a large pot. Place on low heat and steam artichokes for 60 minutes or until leaves pull out easily.
- Remove artichokes and shake excess water.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, combine melted butter and garlic.
- Place artichokes on a baking sheet, and fill the cut tops with butter and garlic mixture so all inside leaves are coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove and enjoy!
Local Organic Delivery
in San Diego