Brussels sprouts are a fall vegetable with a distinct and delicious flavor. This flavor is especially brought out when they are roasted with some olive oil in the oven. I love when the outer layer of leaves crisp up and imitate a crunchy and delightful chip. They are some of my favorite because they are so easy to throw together for a dinner side dish, or can be spruced up with any number of ingredients you have lying around the house. This recipe for roasted Brussels sprouts with prosciutto comes from one my grandmother used to make, and it is one of my favorites. Enjoy!
- 3 cups trimmed halved Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped prosciutto
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pull off any limp outer leaves, and closely trim the stem end-don't cut too much off, or the Brussels sprouts may fall apart. Coat them with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cut up prosciutto into small pieces and layer on a cookie sheet amongst the Brussels sprouts.
- Put in the oven and remove after 45 minutes. Finish with a drizzle of lemon juice
- Devour the delicious dish